Change is a hallmark of today’s business world. In particular, the workforce is constantly changing – people come and go, and move into new roles within the company. In this context, Succession planning can help organizations by making the most of that change by ensuring that when someone leaves, there is someone new to take their place. The critical question for every leader in the organization is how do you pass on the mantle of a business or a role from one person to another to ensure sustainability and avoid business disruptions? Succession Planning is of critical importance to organizations as it helps to identify and develop the skills needed for current and future success, mapping the talent needs against the current talent pool to identify potential gaps, developing clear careers paths and encouraging self development and ensuring the continuity of critical knowledge and knowledge capital.
Succession Planning is the process of identifying immediate and long-term successors for key positions, planning career paths, ensuring the stability of people, ensuring the effective performance of an organization, determining the availability of people for now and future, developing high potentials & leadership capability in the organization. The Certified Succession Planning Practitioner program will help participants to learn the critical skills required for becoming effective Succession Planning Practitioners who can lead their organization to sustainable success and who can develop a proactive culture capable of adapting to unpredictable business scenarios by having effective succession planning and management approaches.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the value of succession planning to Business.
- Learn what is Succession Planning & Management.
- Demonstrate expertise with the key elements of an effective Succession Plan.
- Learn the elements of a Succession plan in terms of roles, responsibilities, function, scope, and evaluation.
- Learn the different Succession Planning methods and styles of Succession Planning.
- Learn to identify critical positions, forecast needs, put together the plan, execute and review the plan.
- Learn the six steps to effective Succession Planning and Management.
- Learn an objective method to evaluate the effectiveness of Succession Planning.
- Learn an Integrated Model for systematic Succession Planning and Management.
- Business & HR Leaders responsible for leading and executing Succession Planning and Management.